JUNIOR VIDEO EDITOR - CONTRACT
Job Title: Junior Video Editor
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Job Type: Short-Term Contract
Salary Range: $16.75 - $20.25 (Hourly)
Contract Duration: 10 Weeks
Hours Per Week: 35
At Colourblind Productions we are dedicated to creating high-end digital content from start to finish. We are an award-winning boutique production company providing exceptional video services for an array of clients that range from emerging, independent artists to large, public institutions.
We are currently looking for a Junior Video Editor to join our team on a short-term contract to help us keep pace with a rapidly growing roster of clients. Our ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of current editing techniques, a meticulous eye for detail, and be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a compelling story.
If you strive to produce great work, explore your creativity, and challenge yourself to improve every day, then you should think about joining us!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with team members and freelancers to ensure a seamless post-production workflow.
- Consult with Producer to gain a full understanding of projects and client needs.
- Take quality notes, document work, and translate Producer directives into a finalized product.
- Ingest and organize all media files (eg. video footage, audio, music, graphics, etc.) for each assigned editing project.
- Perform all post-production tasks involved in editing, conforming, sound mixing, colour grading, mastering, exporting, and archiving a video project from rough cut to final delivery.
- Complete assigned projects and client revisions in a timely manner according to deadlines and priorities set by Producer.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Assist team members in resolving project problems, escalating issues when necessary, and facilitating decision-making.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.
- Recent graduate from a film, television, or broadcasting program or an organized, self-starter with prior experience working as a freelance video editor.
- Extensive knowledge of post-production workflow, editing best practices, and current video trends and techniques.
- Keen eye for space, timing, motivation, continuity and design aesthetics.
- Gifted storyteller with demonstrated editing, motion graphics, and animation skills.
- Comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Eager and motivated to get things done. You don’t need your hand held and work well even when there is some ambiguity. You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and dive in!
- Responsible and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Proactive thinker who seeks to create efficiencies within the work environment.
- Natural helper with the ability to solve problems, collaborate, and work with people.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Positive, mature and professional, can-do attitude.
- Great sense of humour.
Bonus Points For:
- Valid G driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle.
- Experience using DaVinci Resolve and a passion for colour grading.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter, resume, and link(s) to your portfolio or work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Junior Video Editor Application. Within your cover letter, please identify your earliest available start date.
If you really want to stand out, include a short video introducing yourself and explaining why you believe you belong at Colourblind Productions. We suggest sending us a link to your private video on Vimeo or YouTube.
We look forward to hearing from you!